RESPONSIBILITIES AS AN INTERN
As an intern at Edgewater Automation, your duties include:
- Conduct quality, hard work to the projects and tasks given.
- Participate in our annual design challenge
- Have a positive, and wanting-to-learn attitude when working at Edgewater Automation.
TERMS OF INTERNSHIP
- Applicant must be 18 years of age by the start date.
- Applicant must have graduated high school or have earned a GED equivalent.
- The Internship Program at Edgewater Automation generally lasts a duration of 3 to 6 months.
BENEFITS OF AN INTERNSHIP AT EDGEWATER
Being in the internship program comes with a paycheck and hands-on experience, which not only helps build your resume but also will teach many skills to help you in the future, including:
- Competitive Advantages
Cody Laughlin is a Mechanical Design Engineer at Edgewater. He got his first exposure to Edgewater through the FIRST Robotics program in 2013. He was on the design team from 2014 through 2015 and was offered an Internship his senior year to work 1 to 2 hours after school every day at Edgewater. Cody was subsequently offered a 2-year Apprenticeship at Edgewater and was paid for every penny of his tuition, books, and fees at Lake Michigan College. Cody said “I get great experiences here…it’s very hands-on. I honestly don’t think I could have gone 4 years to college because I don’t learn all that well from books. I learn by doing. And, best of all, I get to be a part of starting from a blank sheet of paper to the final product design on display at the shop floor.”